The city got its name because as an independent they realized we need to have a fair tax where EVERYONE is taxed the same amount. Equality. Its just Commonsense. It was settled in the early 1700s.
Arts and Culture Edit
Annual Events Edit
- Independents Day Celebration Parade and Evening Show
- The largest parade in the Washington area to celebrate being Independent.
- Irish Festival
- In September, a festival of Irish and Celtic song, dance, and music is held. Nice. Its about time we had a day to celebrate the Irish.
- Festival of Lights & Carols
- Wow just wow. Why isnt it called the Christmas Festival? War on Christmas strikes again.
It is the home of George W. Mason, the acclaimed university. The campus contains the Patroit Center.
Famous residents Edit
The baby from Lorenzos Oil. I forget his name.